The Los Angeles Bi Task Force (LABTF) is a non-profit organization that promotes education, advocacy, and cultural enrichment for the bisexual/fluid/pansexual communities in the Greater Los Angeles area as well as aims to develop a future bi resource center.
Goals & Strategies:
Goal #1 – To provide educational resources to the bisexual community and allies.
- Objective 1 – Coordinate educational events on bisexual health, sexual identity, history, and activism.
- Objective 2 – Gather archival information on bisexual history, bisexual activism, and bisexual culture via physical and/or online means.
- Objective 3 – Disseminate bisexual information through print, broadcast, and electronic media.
Goal #2 – To promote advocacy and visibility of the bisexual community
- Objective 1 – Address relevant political issues affecting the bisexual community.
- Objective 2 – Promote bisexual visibility and inclusion in LGBT communities and beyond.
Goal #3 – To promote bisexual cultural enrichment
- Objective 1 – Coordinate events promoting bisexual arts and literature.
- Objective 2 – Organize Celebrate Bisexuality Day celebrations and other important cultural events
Goal #4 – To build a physical bisexual resource center.
- Objective 1 – Provide safe spaces for various bisexual community meetings and groups.
- Objective 2 – Provide mentoring for individuals in the coming out process.
- Objective 3 – Provide bisexual-specific counseling resources and/or referrals.